Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church is in Fontana, Gozo Island, part of the Maltese Archipelago. It is the parish church of Fontana, one of the smallest villages on the island. The foundation stone was laid on 29 January 1893.
The church was dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on 29 January 1905 by Bishop Giovanni Maria Camilleri.
The main altarpiece, showing the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, was crowned with a golden crown on 18 June 1993, by Bishop Nicholas J. Cauchi, on the occasion of the first centenary of the laying of the church's foundation stone. The main altarpiece is part of Giuseppe Calì's works
Give us a rating